PGC POINTS RACE STANDINGS – TOP 5:
To view final results for each event, please visit the Schedule & Results page
ROLLING PRIZE POT TOTAL: $2,502.00
Results updated as of 9/10/18
|CURRENT RANK||RANK LAST EVENT||PLAYER NAME||TOTAL POINTS||PART. POINTS||RESULTS POINTS|
|T3||4||Bailey Ogrin||342||240||102||5||5||Eric Manmano||327||280||47|
The PGC Points Race is a “points based playoff system” to track the performance of each player. Points are earned for PARTICIPATION AND PERFORMANCE. Starting in 2017, $2 out of each individual entry for each event will go towards a rolling prize pot to reward the regular season points champion (plus 2nd and 3rd) and the top point winners for the PGC Championship.
HOW THE PGC POINTS RACE (REGULAR SEASON) WORKS:
- Players earn points by PARTICIPATION (playing and entering the prize fund and/or skins game) and by RESULTS (placing 1st, 2nd, 3rd gross/net and skins won.
- The ultimate goal is to earn the most points after the McCormick Ranch Tournament on November 18th to claim the PGC Points Title and 1st place cash prize. Additional cash prizes will be rewarded to 2nd and 3rd place point finishers.
- In addition, if you finish among the Top 72, you automatically qualify for the PGC Championship on Saturday, Dec. 2nd at Superstition Springs where your skins entry is matched and you play for an additional prize pot.
Play – 10
Prize Fund – 5
Skins – 5
1st Gross and Net – 15
2nd Gross and Net – 10
3rd Gross and Net – 5
Skins Won – 3 per skin
REGULAR SEASON PRIZE BREAKDOWN (TBD):
Top 5 Point Finishers*:
- 1st – 32%
- 2nd – 26%
- 3rd – 18%
- 4th – 14%
- 5th – 10%
- $20 Skins Entry Matched for PGC Championship
*TIES FOR TOP 5 SPOTS: If two or more players finish with identical points in the top 5, the dollar values of the players’ positions will be added, then divided by the number of tied players to determine each player’s share. For example, after the McCormick Ranch Tournament, Player A and Player B tied for third in points. The regular season pot had a $1,000 purse, so third place was worth $180 under the standard formula (18 percent) and fourth place was worth $140 (14 percent). The two positions would be added up to $320, so each player will receive $160.
THE PGC CHAMPIONSHIP:
For those who are ranked among the top 72 at the end of the McCormick Ranch Tournament on Saturday, Nov. 17th, 2018, you will be invited to the PGC CHAMPIONSHIP at the end of the year on Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 at Superstition Springs Golf Club where your $20 skins entry will be matched (so everyone will be playing with a bigger skins pot) and you will also have the opportunity to play for additional cash prizes + free golf!
HOW THE PGC CHAMPIONSHIP WORKS:
- There will still be a $20 prize fund buy-in for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place GROSS & NET
- Your $20 skins entry will be automatically MATCHED for a DOUBLE SKINS POT
FINAL RACE FOR POINTS & CASH!
- 1st – 44% of assigned championship pot (TBD)
- 2nd – 32%
- 3rd – 24%
*TIE BREAKER FOR TOP 3 POINT FINISHERS IN PGC CHAMPIONSHIP:
Same tie breaker will be used from the regular season top point finishers (see above). Ex) If there is a 4 way tie for 2nd place, the prize money for 2nd and 3rd will be combined and divided by the players tied for 2nd.