PGC POINTS RACE STANDINGS – TOP 5:
To view final results for each event, please visit the Schedule & Results page
ROLLING PRIZE POT TOTAL: $4,815.00
Results updated as of 8/1/2021
|CURRENT RANK||PREVIOUS EVENT||PLAYER NAME||TOTAL POINTS||PART. POINTS||RESULTS POINTS|
The PGC Points Race is a “points based playoff system” to track the performance of each player. Points are earned for PARTICIPATION AND PERFORMANCE. $3 out of each individual entry for each event will go towards a rolling prize pot to reward the regular season points champion (plus 2nd – 5th) and the top 5 point finishers in the PGC Championship.
HOW THE PGC POINTS RACE (REGULAR SEASON) WORKS:
- Players earn points by PARTICIPATION (entering the prize fund and/or skins game) and by RESULTS (placing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gross/net and skins won.
- The ultimate goal is to earn the most points after the Superstition Springs Tournament on December 4th, 2021 to claim the prestigious PGC Points Title. Additional cash prizes will be rewarded to 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place point finishers.
- In addition, if you finish among the Top 72, you automatically qualify for the PGC Championship on Saturday, Dec. 19 at Lone Tree Golf Club where your skins entry is matched and you play for an additional prize pot.
Prize Fund – 5
Skins – 5
1st Gross and Net – 25
2nd Gross and Net – 20
3rd Gross and Net – 15
4th Gross and Net – 10
5th Gross and Net – 5
Skins Won – 5 per skin
Performance points will be worth double for each major in 2021.
2020 REGULAR SEASON PRIZE BREAKDOWN – $1,500:
Top 5 Point Finishers*:
- 1st – 32% – $480
- 2nd – 26% – $390
- 3rd – 18% – $270
- 4th – 14% – $210
- 5th – 10% – $150
- $20 Skins Entry Paid for PGC Championship
*TIES FOR TOP 5 SPOTS: If two or more players finish with identical points in the top 5, the dollar values of the players’ positions will be added, then divided by the number of tied players to determine each player’s share.
THE PGC CHAMPIONSHIP:
For those who are ranked among the top 72 at the end of the Superstition Tournament on Saturday, Dec. 5th, 2020, you automatically qualify for the PGC Championship on Sunday, December 20th at Lone Tree where your $20 skins entry will be paid for! In addition, you will also have the opportunity to play for additional cash prizes from the remaining points pot!
HOW THE PGC CHAMPIONSHIP WORKS:
- There will still be a $20 prize fund buy-in for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place GROSS & NET
- Your $20 skins entry will be automatically paid for
FINAL RACE FOR POINTS & CASH!
- 1st – 22% – $330
- 2nd – 18% – $270
- 3rd – 15% – $225
- 4th – 12% – $180
- 5th – 10% – $150
- 6th – 8% – $120
- 7th – 6% – $90
- 8th – 4% – $60
- 9th – 3% – $45
- 10th – 2% – $30
*TIE BREAKER FOR TOP 10 POINT FINISHERS IN PGC CHAMPIONSHIP:
If two or more players finish with identical points in the top 10, the dollar values of the players’ positions will be added, then divided by the number of tied players to determine each player’s share. For example, Player A and Player B tied for third in points and the pot had a $1,500 purse. Third place pays $225 and fourth place pays $180. The two positions would be added up to $405, so each player will receive $202.50.
PAST PGC POINTS CHAMPIONS:
|YEAR||PLAYER NAME||TOTAL POINTS||PART. POINTS||RESULTS POINTS||STANDINGS|
|2020||Dalen Demary||680||180||500||Final Points|
|2019||Nick Morris||528||370||158||Final Points|
|2018||Thomas Olshefsky||478||320||158||Final Points|
|2017||Mark Hermes||467||340||127||Final Points|
|2016||Eric Manmano||360||280||80||Final Points|